Sunday, September 29, 2013

Rose of the Week... Moondance

The rose of the week is Moondance.  This was purchased potted...and has bloomed heavily all year.  It is a great cutting rose.
It was a 2007 award winner by AARS.   I haven't had many issues with it but the roses I bought potted have fared better than bare root, overall.  


It grows up to 6 feet.  Hardy up to zone 5.  Has a mild fragrance.  I think it has worked well in our steamy climate.

For more information on Moondance, click HERE

4 comments:

Jean Campbell said...

That is a beautiful rose. I think we have one more good round of roses blooming before they're done.

I looked back at previous years. Camellia sasanqua was juststarting to bloom by mid-October last years. Sometimes it doesn't do much at all until near Thanksgiving.

The big Camellia japonicas are winter bloomers, maybe I just don't have any early ones. I'm not sure if they are temperature sensitive or day-length dependent as to when they bloom.



Lea said...

A very pretty rose!
I like the name, too.
Have a great day!
Lea
Lea's Menagerie

Keity said...

Moondance looks beautiful! It must be challenging to take a shot of white roses, but your photo is great!

Cerberus German shepherds said...

@Nell...thanks....I guess fall was early last year...
http://alabamaroses.blogspot.com/2012/12/sept-2012.html

@Lea..thanks neighbor...

@Kiety...orange & white are very hard & I have a cheap camera....