Saturday, November 1, 2014

Journal Notes...Frost Watch, Greenhouse Reconstruction Continues

Well, I'm sore....we technically may not get a freeze...but it is really up in the air....winter is early this year.    So I have been cleaning up the mess I made over the years and we are building again.   I am happy about this but not about the premature freeze.
Not sure exactly what my husband has planned but I am sure it will be good.  The following picks were just the progression of my cleaning.


I am happy about winter...I want to start anew but I will miss the flowers


The flooring I am not sure if he has plans for but the greenhouse does have electricity and water.

It took forever

Back rose garden, will miss the flowers and not the weeds





Well after hours I seemed to have got all the stuff out. 

The flooring will probably need to be redone.

I won't miss vesqueen!

I kinda know what this, my husband said to make it level?


Some final shots of roses before they slumber.









Even at my worst, it hasn't been that bad....will update more later as it gets constructed but the container plants are going under the screened in porch this evening.










4 comments:

Jean Campbell said...

We could hardly wait for the heat to leave and now we're shivering in excellent weather for your husband to work on your greenhouse project.

You might look at Bonney Lassie blog at her greenhouse floor. She used the same broken concrete/vintage brick idea that I copied but hers is professionally done and laid in a bed of crushed stone.

Linette said...

Beautiful flower shots my friend and your hothouse is looking really good hubby is doing a spectacular job.

Cerberus German shepherds said...

Thanks, Nell....I will.....Mom has suggested rocks but I make a mess in the greenhouse (as you probably noticed) and the black stuff made it easy to sweep....I have been pondering concrete or the like...I'm gonna work on the floor this week...

At Marie, thanks for the comments...I am very lucky to have a husband (with an engineering degree, works in the construction industry, and has a great deal of love and patience.)

Cerberus German shepherds said...

Thanks, Nell....I will.....Mom has suggested rocks but I make a mess in the greenhouse (as you probably noticed) and the black stuff made it easy to sweep....I have been pondering concrete or the like...I'm gonna work on the floor this week...

At Marie, thanks for the comments...I am very lucky to have a husband (with an engineering degree, works in the construction industry, and has a great deal of love and patience.)