Monday, January 27, 2014

Rose of the Week...Rock N Roll

I'm a scheduling these posts ahead of time.  It is winter so no roses are currently blooming.  I have to use past pictures.  That being said, the rose of the week is Rock & Roll.  I, initially, thought it would be similar to the Memphis Music but the colors are very different.  It is a striped rose.  It is very pretty but as you can see in the picture, I have to watch out for blackspot.

I bought this rose as a bare root from Edmund's I believe.    I think it looks similar to the Scentimental Rose.  
Rock & Roll is a grandiflora rose.   It's bloom size is 4"-6".  It reads disease resistant but perhaps for me, it needs more attention.   It grows 4 to 5 feet.

They do make great cut flowers.  You can see it at the bottom of the arrangement.  For more information on Rock N Roll rose, click HERE

No comments: