Sunday, February 16, 2014

Journal Notes...Peacock In the Ground, Foyer

I don't think my husband appreciates how awesome I think he is.  He worked for days on this and it is taking shape.  Today, the peacock frame will be concreted in the ground.  The pictures below were taken from yesterday evening.  As it stands it about 7 or 8 feet.  Once concreted in the ground it will be approximately 6 feet.  We moved the frame to the front field to gauge its position.

At the moment it appears a bit crooked because it has yet to be mounted

I, originally, placed it close to the spigot. While walking around I concluded this was a horrible place.  The spigot was distracting and the pipe ran underneath the frame.  If the pipe burst, I will have a problem and the spigot distracted away even if I cover it somehow.  The ground where the tail will be was hilly and uneven.

The tail.  I will put chicken wire around the whole frame and probably "tent" the tail to be slopey.

How I wanted it angled was important.  But the tail is what you want to see the most so you will be seeing the peacock mostly from a back angle.

He did an amazing job.  I love that man to death.....how talented he is!

The neck is a bit forward protruding.  I want to sauder or mount top feathers....maybe with a custom made glass concept.

Moved the frame further away from the spigot

The back of the frame.  The ground is much more even.

It will be beautiful.  I, initially, had the fear...do I really know what I am doing?  No, I don't but gonna try

Redoing the foyer as well.  It's about 75% done.  It's hard to photograph because it's a small room.  But it will be pretty as well.





1 comment:

rusty duck said...

The peacock is going to be awesome!