Thursday, August 1, 2013

Rose of the Week...Sunny Knockout

 I have several knockout roses.  I go back and forth as to my opinion to them. They are great landscape roses.  This week's rose is Sunny Knockout.  Out of all the knockouts I have, this one is the only one I detect a smell.  The roses are small and profuse.  They start as a vibrant butter cream yellow and slowly fade.  They are self cleaning but I deadhead with shears anyway.  I have two of them.  One as a tree, and the other a shrub.

 This is a bloom on the knockout tree.
It's in the middle of my rose garden, and despite being a tree. It doesn't seem much taller than others.
I bought the tree last summer and had it in a container.  Although, it did okay I found it better in the ground.


The other knockout I have was recently planted.  (Like a week ago)

Like most knockouts, Sunny Knockout is incredibly resistant and hardy.  

For more information, click HERE.
 Journal Notes
Garden is blooming nicely lately.


You wouldn't know that I recently pruned these zinnia heavily.

Golden showers is starting to climb pillar.  When it gets a little taller, I wrap it more.

Mowed yesterday, and have been using weed killer along the path.
I think next year the garden will be beautiful.

2 comments:

Jean Campbell said...

Not my favorite yellow, but a nice floribunda just the same, that Sunny KO.

Cerberus German shepherds said...

Knockout, are not my favorite rose either..but it does act as a nice "filler"