Sunday, February 10, 2013

Irrigation System design..gonna try something new


Sorry if the blog is getting technical....I am certain this spring it will be "prettier" but I use it as a diary mostly to see what has worked and what hasn't.

Anyway, yesterday I wound up watering for 2 hours...going in the wrong direction again.  Last year, I used mister landscaper and attempting to address the looming irrigation issue with the huge rose garden...I stumbled upon this site....it's an irrigation designer....kudos to orbit...I think this was exactly what I needed.  I haven't played with it yet, but I think its gonna be right up my alley....The link to the downloadable sprinkler designer is below...

2 comments:

Jean Campbell said...

It looks like a lot of work, but a lot cheaper than hiring an irrigation company to come in and do everything.

My problem is that I tend to extend beds, or decide they're too wide, narrow, short or long and change the whole configuration from season to season.

You can rent a trencher. You have strong teens to run the machinery and cover the holes once the piping is two feet underground.

Cerberus German shepherds said...

I didn't intend on putting the hoses in the ground. There will be pipe laid to bring the water but the tubes...like the front bed aren't buried...I don't think it would be a good idea because you would have to dig it up to fix any "leaks" these are like using soaker hoses almost..