Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Hello, 2013...the Year of the Backyard.


This year is the year of the backyard...last year was the year of the creek.  I did a ton of other stuff...but most of the work I did was clearing the underbrush of a hidden creek and making it a park like setting...
Before, it actually a month to get to this point
During the summer it has a hammock on a couple of the oaks.

This year I will work on my backyard.  I do have the extreme luck of having 15 acres to play with.  However, I spend the most time in the backyard while all my flowers are in the front.  So I wanted to design a backyard that I could look at and enjoy.  It had a lot of growth and a lot of hidden gems..Huge Magnolia trees.  When you stepped out the back porch, it was surrounded by vines and trees

Before
After

Before

After


Before view
After

I did a Lot of clearing.  I left magnolias in place...but you can see the big difference it made...It expanded the backyard....I, also, (I meaning my husband) cut down a dead tree.  I am glad because when it was about to go down it almost crashed into my pussy  willow and other rose bushes....Next step...garden design

2 comments:

HolleyGarden said...

I LOVE that moss hanging down! Park-like setting is absolutely right! I look forward to seeing what you will do with all your acreage!

Cerberus German shepherds said...

Amazing how the little things can mean so much. I grew up mostly in Mississippi and Louisiana...I was surrounded by moss all my life. The house didn't seem like "home" until the moss was brought in. Most people don't know that you can just hang moss like tinsel on trees and it will grow. The moss is probably one of my top three favorite plants.