Sunday, December 23, 2012

January 2012...Creeks, clearing and my first plant

 During our clean up at the end of 2011, I was walking the driveway.  The sun was going to down and I noticed a reflection of some sort in the underbrush.  Making my way to determine what it was, I found the creek!  I knew it was on the property, but like the swamp...(which surprisingly I have yet to see....  I couldn't believe it was so close to the driveway and the house....I set forth to clear out the underbrush so that it could be easily accessed.  This took me months.  
The house was beautiful but you couldn't see it for the huge oaks had such limbs that you could only see a corner of the house.  My husband helped me a great deal in all of this...I have an unbelievably, patient, loving, and understanding husband....I, highly, recommend them.  My first plant was Encore Azaleas and split leaf philodendrons.




There was a pool in the backyard, a pole barn before you got to the house, and a huge front field.


No comments: