Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Venting...I Don't Want to Do It!

I'm  not a lazy person.  But I am known for being the type of person that will say what no what else wants to say, but is willing to.  I have advanced degrees and nine letters behind my name.  I'm not saying that to show off, only to say it isn't laziness.   But there is always that thing that will prevent someone from doing a hobby.    The purpose of my blog is not to show a beautiful garden but the ambitions and experiences of a new gardener.  Yes, I know better but there is always something that we just don't want to do.  Weed blocking is my Albatross.


I'll get over it but I do hate it.  Okay, done venting...

6 comments:

Jean Campbell said...

The only time I tried solarization, it failed because I didn't do it right. I did not secure the edges well enough to keep out any air exchange and I made a greenhouse for weeds.

I didn't know there were feral peacocks.

Jean Campbell said...

The above comment was supposed to go on the previous post.

I don't know anybody who just loves to weed. I know many people who hire it done.

I put out tomato plants last evening and weeds are already recovering from being plowed.

Anonymous said...

you are fixing it now so it will be fine now you know what to do so the next bed you make will be great we all learn from our mistakes you have done a great job for never doing this before two steep forward one back we all do that as we learn so remrember i think you have done a wonderful job very proud of you lov mom

Anonymous said...

oh i will help you soon when kylee comes we be your handyman lol ho i mean handwoman lol

HolleyGarden said...

Maybe the peacock escaped from somewhere? Let us know how the solarization works out. It didn't work for me, but maybe like Nell Jean, I didn't do it right. I have a friend that's giving it a try now, too. Weeding and weed-blocking is not the most fun thing to do, but you are going to be soooooo, soooooo happy when it's done! You will be amazed at the transformation!

Cerberus German shepherds said...

I do have to bite the bullet...the anonymous poster is my mother..she may help but I will get it done...I just need to vent sometimes