Saturday....I broke down and got some help. I went to the museum and asked if someone knew someone who could help me get the plants in the ground because I needed to make better progress. They recommended a young man by the name of Cody.
Cody helped me for eight hours between Saturday and Sunday...or rather...I helped Cody. He was exhausting to just watch. We accomplished in two days what have taken me three weeks. Smart move on my part to get help. My mother did suggest it...before she protests.
Behind a section of the rose bed...the weeds had all grown up again even though I cleared it in the spring. Cody simply ran a mower through it.
The section behind the roses I would gather is about 500 sq feet but I am not good with dimensions.
Planted the big plants. I put a pittosporum here. It is my understanding that they do not like frost...so I put it it in a sunny spot that gets sheltered by a large magnolia. I, also, put cassias down.
I put the remaining hydrangeas I had behind the roses first. And an Alethea.
The corner bed of this bed has mexican heather, wild bamboo, heavenly bamboo, oleander and a tree stump that keeps growing.
The bougainvilleas an Mexican Heather stayed in the greenhouse all winter. Now I have Mexican Heather under my bougainvillea. I opted to plant them in the corner bed I started screening.
My other dog Pearl. Believe it or not, she has lost weight. I love this dog.
We got out the auger an started doing more holes. The forecast calls for rain. Looking at the radar it's very frustrating to see rain EVERYWHERE around you but not on you. I schedule my posts. I keep waiting for the rain and it keeps threatening but if it doesn't I will have to go water. Rain, already.
We planted mostly camellias and azaleas here.
I will not screen this section. A little further away, the ground has some type of red rocks that are large. I will not plant further than here. I suppose I'll need to put a structure instead ...A Gazebo!!! (that would be cool.) but not this year.
I hate to admit that we just started digging holes. I did use top soil to amend.
I will need to use something more economical in this section but I have learned that if I don't keep the weeds at bay, they will come back..the weeds are typically tiny trees.
The idea is to have winter interest. The camellias and the azaleas will bloom when nothing else is.
95% of the plants are the greenhouse are in the ground! YEAH!!!
They are just in the back drop of the rose garden immediately behind the pool.
So what's left. MIL tounge...will go in a pot. Mexican petunia...will go in the hydra bed.
Here I have a bunch of lorapetelum cuttings. If I put them in the ground without irrigation they'll die. I am considering repotting them and waiting till fall or spring. Other things are baby azaleas, rose cutting that aren't greening up but don't look dead. A poinsettia. and a baby loquat.
This is the vine that I mentioned that was growing in the butterfly garden. This one is growing wild by the greenhouse. They look like petunias.
This is the vinca I was mentioning to Nell.
Iceberg. I gets pink specs if I spray them.
The junipers and camellia got a badly needed mowing. I bet they are much happier.
Cashmere bouquet starting to bloom. They look like hydrangeas.
Loquats were planted as a screen to the cemetery. This spot is very sandy and hot...but we did amend very heavily...screened and mulched. Most importantly, it has a spigot near.
Wild flowers that are growing.Last year I planted tons of wildflowers using the Pennington Cottage Mix. They were beautiful. Below is a picture of last year.
This year, the wildflowers are coming back on their own.
Some type of very pretty tiny blue flowers.
Sulphur cosmos. Last year they didn't bloom until fall.
I am not taking care of it. I just am not mowing it. I will try to weed it though. The size made it hard to do.
Not sure what this tiny white flower is.
Moral of the story...overwhelmed...get help...good help...worth every dime and the light at the end of the tunnel is a spot on the horizon.