Friday, November 15, 2013

November Bloom Day

It's November Bloom Day.  If you aren't familiar with it.  It's from May Dreams Gardens.  It's where garden blogger's post what is blooming in the garden in the middle of the month.   Well, we had our first freeze last night.  The roses fared well.  


 Back Rose Garden

Pinata Rose

Bottlebrush

Green Ice Rose

Ch-Ching Rose

 Peach drift rose
Banana Trees burned

Europena Rose

East Rose Garden

 Cassia
Probably shouldn't have shot at noon.

Because of the freeze, I had to put everything in the greenhouse that was in containers.


 My newly purchase Baldo Villegas Rose but I will call it Mima.
Ferns, begonias, etc

Bougainvilleas

I left the greenhouse close by accident. 

Camellias are starting bloom.

Coleus burned

Front of the house.

Encore azaleas bloom every month but May & June.


Heather here seem fine

Hydrangeas 


 Memphis Music Rose


Impatient Rose

Alabama Beauty Camellias have been blooming since October.






Belinda's dream...I think

Knockouts



Front field wildflowers have fared well.

Zinnia

 Sulphur Comos

Sumac is turning red

Celosis



More wildflowers 

 Marigolds

Mexican Petunias



Zinnias




All in all things handled the first freeze well...this hydrangea however burned

12 comments:

Lea said...

You still have a lot a beautiful blooms in spite of the cold weather.
Happy Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day!
Lea

Christina said...

Thanks for visiting my blog, you asked if was nearly spring, no, here in Italy it is nearly winter! But it doesn't feel like it yet. You still have lots of roses and the sun looked very bright.

Cerberus German shepherds said...

@Christina...Sorry, I mistook your location...fantastic display.
@Lea, you still have some I suspect...just hard to say goodnight to the garden but I look forward to the rest myself...because spring...I get the flower fever...

Dorothy Borders said...

What a wonderful variety of blooms you have. I enjoyed my visit to your garden.

HolleyGarden said...

Looking good! I am so impressed with your August Beauty camellias! Just beautiful! You asked about roses continuing to bloom in winter - some of mine are totally leafless and bloomless. Some are still looking good, but I don't expect any new buds to form. We got two freezing nights in a row - 27 degrees one night, 26 the next. Thank goodness for camellia blooms while the roses are sleeping!

rusty duck said...

By the time we get frost most of the flowers have given up anyway! I'm glad it wasn't so bad.

Anonymous said...

Wow, such a lot of lovely colour especially from those fab roses. You must have had so much fun choosing all those varieties !

Anonymous said...

Wow, such a lot of lovely colour especially from those fab roses. You must have had so much fun choosing all those varieties !

Julia said...

Que flores mas increibles i magicas.Las fotografias trasmiten, son geniales. Felicidades por tu bloc ha sido todo un regalo el visitarlo, espero que visites el mio y si te gusta espero que te hagas seguidora.
Elracodeldetall.blogspot.com

HELENE said...

You have a lot of lovely roses, and I love autumn flowering camellias, mine is a spring flowering camellia and wont flower until February or March, depending on how early spring is. Happy GBBD!

Danielle Bedics-Arizala, The Magic Garden said...

What a lovely garden you have with a big variety. I love the wild flowers. Very pretty!

Cerberus German shepherds said...

Sorry for my delay...I have learned not to eat raw things at restaurants from Nov to April...nasty bug...
Thanks all for the compliments...I was just surprised that many things burned but most flowers are doing great!