Saturday, January 18, 2014

2014 Year of the Peacock

I know I have mentioned it many times...but this year will be the Year of the Peacock.  Last year was the Year of the Rose garden (initially, it was the Year of the Backyard)..and the year before was the Year of the Creek.  I am going to make an effort on maintenance this year before spring fever makes me so ambitious that I don't complete the projects or neglect things I really shouldn't be.  I am going to start a page with journal notes on the side of the blog or at least a pictorial.
This is more or less what I am going for.  It will probably not look as manicured but it will be close.

This is the first draft of the topiary.  It needs a tail and perhaps look thinner.


This is the area where it will go.  It has it's own spigot but I am certain the project will be twice as hard as I think...but maybe not...will see.

Cleaned up the area.  It's hard to work on the tail until the frame is on the ground.  I have many concepts I need to figure out which is why it will have it's own page.
This is the frame that I found online

This is the rebar to build it.  It will be six feet tall approximately.  We have a bender and I want it concreted to the ground.  I hope I do a good job but there are a lot more details along the way.

2 comments:

Jean Campbell said...

You have a good start: plenty of room, a good plan for the topiary. You might make a time line for when each step is to be completed so you stay on target.

Cerberus German shepherds said...

My post got eaten. I am not sure about the timeline. I suspect six months but finishing and manicuring old projects has been on the project list. Also, volunteering at the museum a lot. If I keep it simple, I think it will be pretty. Hopefully, I will have the peacock in the ground by valentine's day.