Thursday, October 10, 2013

Rose of the Week...Granada

I love multi-colored roses and Granada is a great example.  One thing I will say is that she opens slowly and stays on the stem a long time.  She has deep pink on the edges and gradually evolves to orange.

I grew Granada from bare root this winter.  She is a hybrid tea.  So she has the traditional tea shaped and a double bloom.


She is fragrant.   The web says that she, also, goes by the name Donatella.  Her blooms are approximately 4 to 5 inches.  This like other roses in my garden are brand new....but according to the web...it will grow like most teas 4 to 5 feet.
According to the web, it is considered a shade tolerant rose, but I have her placed in full sun.
 This rose like all the roses in the back garden are on an irrigation system...I feel the reason why most of my roses bloom so young is because I make sure they have tons (and I mean tons) of water.
You can see the size of the rose compared to my shoe.

She is a great addition to my rose garden.  For more information on Granada, click HERE

No comments: