Saturday, April 5, 2014

First Roses and flowers of the year.

You wanna know the one of the greatest things about flowers?  They will bloom sometimes, despite you.
Azaleas have been going pretty strong

Not sure what this purple flower vine thing growing up the mexican heather.  Not sure if I like it or not.  Mexican heather will hopefully come back.

I found this real weird.  There are three fuschia colored azaleas growing on the same bush as the these whitest ones.

Rose garden is start to come back.


Knockouts actually were the first bloomers, but greenhouse is coming in second.

Knockouts

Sunny knockout

More knockouts




Camellias are finishing up



Greenhouse finally got vacated


Tulip trees are ending their blooms

As are the tulips


I don't know what this is, but it's pretty.

Lillies are strong but so are all the weeds.

Wisteria is blooming


Conferderate Jasmine has been untied yet.  We are gonna till the tail shortly and grade the dirt I think.


I am worried about snakes living in the frame and pondering what to do about it.


Clover

2 comments:

Jean Campbell said...

That purple vine stuff is Vetch. It is a weed and has big black seeds that will come up everywhere.

The fuchsia blooms on your light colored azaleas is what is called a 'sport' -- azaleas do that. Your light colored one is a sport of a darker pink.

Every day brings new surprises now. I don't know what to tell you about snakes -- they go where there's food.

Cerberus German shepherds said...

Thanks, Nell....the most beautiful day on earth is coming...April 16...I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel...looking forward to reading your blog again...and working in my garden and thinking of things aside from the tax basis of K-1....I suppose I will get rid of the vetch but it is nice not take care of something but by what you are saying if I don't remove it ..I will be taking care of getting rid of it.