Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Is this the last frost???


You know, when people describe me...the first word usually out of their mouth is Aggressive   the second word is smart....

I am not saying this to brag but to offset what I am about to write.  In terms of aggressive, they don't mean "bully."  They mean that I am not easily intimidated and do not back down from a fight.  For most of my professional life, I have had confrontational jobs  (insurance collections for 10 year, and then when I became a CPA I handled audits for clients (IRS usually).  In respect to smart, I went to college for 11 years but I am a very, very slow learner.  I have a point to all of this....

I am over the frost!   I am almost taking it personally.  And have decided I will bring out my bougainvilleas that are in containers...this is where the above paragraph is coming into play.....  I am taking mother nature to be a personified adversary and doing something that I know I shouldn't be doing....i.e. slow learner....or just damn stubborn....

In defense, I had been  watching the weather predictions and it did read for a long time this would happen.  And so it has, but now...I am saying enough.....yes, I should know better but I guess I'm gonna learn the hard way.  The forecast is saying it is over and the bougainvilleas are in containers...but it is my expression winter is over...  tonight and tomorrow shows mid 30s tonight and mid 40's tomorrow night...after that...let the migration begin....

3 comments:

Jean Campbell said...

I had some hydrangeas nipped by the cold. They'll send up more growth.

I was looking at how the oak trees have leafed out and the dogwoods are blooming and everything is green -- and the pecan trees are still standing sentinel. You can't fool a pecan tree. Amaryllis in the yard have great big buds. Who knows?

HolleyGarden said...

I'm hoping it's over, too. We had temps in the 20's for the last two nights. Nothing looks good after that! But, I've always known that the weather can be a bit iffy until after Easter. But since Easter is here - surely winter is done! (keeping fingers crossed anyway since this has been such a weird spring)

Cerberus German shepherds said...

We had a light frost last night,I am hoping that last night was finally the end...I had such a mild winter, and lady my husband works with had beautiful roses in her office....from the same plant ,...one was deep orange and the other yellow..they were gorgeous...I think I am craving roses...