Thursday, March 14, 2013

Outdoor Rooms & Lamps


 Once, I was sitting in the lobby of my husband's work.  I had just started gardening (which was all of a year ago) and I was reading an article in Southern Living (I believe).  It was one of the magazines that were in a stack of magazines.  It was an article on outdoor rooms.  The article kept putting emphasis on two things...lamps and curtains.   While redecorating the (which is now called ) the brunch room, I bought a cheap little lamp....WOW....what a difference a lamp makes.  This is an outside screened porch.  It did transform the area into an outdoor room.  Don't believe me?  If you have a covered area and a spot that is unlikely to get hit with rain, put a lamp there and watch the difference.  It is one of those things that you have to see for yourself.  ....Guess I need to try the curtains next...

 
I, also, put down some inexpensive throw rugs

It does do nicely compared to what it looked like before.  My mother suggested cleaning the glass with dryer sheets.  We are deep in pollen right now....will let you know how that goes.

The cord I will address, but the lamp is on a timer, so I don't have to worry about turning it off or on.


Evil Kittie...her real name is Fleece but we haven't called her that in forever.


Meanwhile, back at the ranch......


I recently decided to remove the seahorse fountain for a grecian statue name Aurora "Goddess of the Dawn".   However, I really missed the sound of the water, so I opted to turn the whole pool into a fountain.  So I ordered a three tiered fountain to be placed in the center of the pool......This is my wonderful(and very handsome) husband, putting it together.

This is the fountain.   It will float at the center of the pool.  The brick wall will have a painting hanging on it shortly.



This is the artwork that will soon hang on the brick wall.  I am trying not to get too "busy "with ornaments in the personal garden, but after all, it is a personal garden.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

An outstanding share! I have just forwarded this onto a friend who had been doing a little research on this.
And he in fact bought me dinner because I stumbled upon
it for him... lol. So let me reword this.
... Thank YOU for the meal!! But yeah, thanks for spending the time to talk about this issue here on
your website.

Also visit my page :: men's armitron watches