Tuesday, December 25, 2012

December 2012



December has been really mild to the point of  being unfair.  I don't know what to expect since I have been gardening for less than a year so I know this is out of the norm.


Well, I mulched the fountain with limbs that I cleared.  I understand that this is not a good concept on plants but I think it's okay if you don't want anything to grow.  I moved the philodondren and some poinsettas here. The only problem I had with the fountain is that the drive curves as you approach the house...which makes it appear off center.




Rye grass is growing in....albeit spotty


My pond in a kit came along quite nicely


I had a juniper in a pot that I trimmed bonsai like so I placed it at the end with the full side to the area that appeared off center....it worked!








The junipers I had I planted on arches in an effort to make a "wall" with  arched walkways.....we'll see how it goes but they are fast growers.


Spanish Moss at the creek






I planted fifty snow crocus' here.


I am attempted to make these junipers swirl but they aren't full enough...ah, well...I'll keep practicing



No comments: